The SGTO offers a one-to-one advice and support service for all Council housing residents in the London Borough of Southwark. We advise on the following topics:
- Mould and damp
- Housing allocations/banding
Our advice on banding also extends to housing association and private tenants trying to bid for Southwark Council properties. We also offer referrals to the Citizens Advice Bureau, and are a Fuel Bank Foundation Partner, offering referrals to their voucher scheme. Here are some of our recent success stories:
- Supported a resident with a leaking ceiling. After raising this issue with the Cabinet Member for Council Housing, the leak was fixed and the Council are now supporting her to pursue a downsizing option, which she had wanted for some time.
- Helped secure a family’s move from a damp, overcrowded and vermin-infested flat into more suitable temporary accommodation, while they search for permanent housing.
- Secured a mould inspection and tree removal for a resident who was suffering from mould in his kitchen, due to the overhanging tree clogging the guttering.
- Connected residents with support from Citizens Advice and King’s College Hospital (for example).
Please contact the SGTO at email@example.com, or call at 0207 639 6718, for enquiries or more information.