Over the past years we have expanded our training repertoire to incorporate accredited training programs and relevant capacity building courses that would benefit council tenants and residents in the borough. We have teamed up with the local Jobcentre Plus and other agencies in the borough to extend the benefits of our courses to tenants and residents on the estates. Some of the training currently on offer are as follow:
Aims and Objectives of our Courses
• We aim to unlock the potential and empower tenants and residents on council estates to achieve independence through employment and/or through education and training.
• The aim of these courses is to enable tenant representatives to participate meaningfully in the council’s consultation structure
• Run an effective and efficient tenants association
• Promote a stronger community
• Assist in the regeneration of the estates
• Maximise employment opportunities of tenants on estates
Most our training is funded from a tenants fund which is administered from a weekly levy on council tenant’s rents.